Serena Williams Documentaries, Joe Pickett Trailers and More
Game, set, match!
Tennis champion Serena Williams will be the subject of ESPN’s next The Arena On Tuesday, Walt Disney Company Upfront announced a new docuseries.
TVLine: More From TVLine
Serena Williams in the Arena will provide “the most complete, intimate, and compelling account of her legendary career, featuring firsthand perspective from Serena and key figures throughout her life,” per the official release. The program promises to explore both Williams’ on-court achievements, like her many Grand Slam wins, and her “cultural impact with dramatic personal challenges.” Williams will also produce the series through her Nine Two Six Productions.
The network previously aired Tom Brady, Man in the Arena November 2021
Are you ready for more recent news? Well…
* Luke Bryan and Peyton Manning will return as hosts for the 57th Annual CMA Awards, airing Wednesday, Nov. 8 on ABC.
* HBO’s Painting with John The six-episode season three will premiere on Friday, 2nd June at 11/10c.
* Onyx Collective and the UK’s Channel 4 have picked up the drama Queenie, starring Dionne Brown as Queenie Jenkins, “a 25-year-old Jamaican British woman living in south London, straddling two cultures and slotting neatly into neither. After a messy breakup with her long-term boyfriend, Queenie seeks comfort in all the wrong places and begins to realize she has to face the past head-on before she can rebuild.” The series, based on Candice Carty-Williams’ novel, will stream exclusively on Hulu in the U.S.
* Paramount+ has released a trailer for Joe Pickett Season 2 will premiere with two episodes on June 4, 2018.
* The full trailer for Netflix’s Extraction 2 movie sequel (releasing Friday, June 16) recaps Tyler’s (Chris Hemsworth) “return from the dead” and previews his new mission:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
Best of TVLine
TVLine.com has more to offerFollow us on Twitter, Facebook, Newsletter