A blaze broke out at a Georgia fireplace station over the weekend when crews responded to a name at a burning residence.
Firefighters with Corridor County’s Station No. 5 have been cooking breakfast round 10:45 a.m. Sunday morning after they have been alerted to a residential fireplace off Spout Springs Highway, Hearth Chief Chris Armstrong mentioned in a press launch obtained by PEOPLE.
The range was left on “unintentionally” because the crew rushed to reply to the blaze, based on Monday’s assertion.
One other group of firefighters with Engine 5 discovered the fireplace after they returned to the station from a medical name, Armstrong mentioned.
The crew arrived on the station on Falcon Parkway about 10 minutes after their colleagues left to struggle the home fireplace, The Instances of Gainesville reported.
The firefighters “discovered smoke within the kitchen” after they first entered the room, Armstrong mentioned.
A small fireplace may be seen “coming from the range prime,” he added.
By no means miss a narrative — join PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to remain up-to-date on one of the best of what PEOPLE has to supply, from juicy celeb information to driving human curiosity tales.
A short while later, the range’s built-in fireplace suppression system kicked in and “shortly” extinguished the blaze.
The firefighters had gone to “seize a hearth extinguisher” when the fireplace suppression system did the job, based on Monday’s press launch.
The range sustained “minimal injury” because of the kitchen fireplace, Armstrong mentioned.
Nobody was injured, he added.
The station concerned in Sunday’s blaze is situated in the City of Flowery Branch, based on the Related Press.