The Nets‘ bench scored 66 factors to assist take down the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night time, 121-104.
Listed here are the takeaways..
– Kyrie Irving gave Brooklyn an early lead on a layup, after which Nic Claxton despatched Dennis Schroder‘s shot away, resulting in an Irving three to place the Nets up 11-6. Los Angeles’ Pat Beverley was known as for a three-point capturing foul on Irving and argued the decision with the refs, leading to a technical foul and 4 free throws to develop the Brooklyn result in 19-6. Russell Westbrook then made two straight three-pointers because the Lakers tried to shut the hole within the first quarter.
Cam Thomas buried a 3 and Day’Ron Sharpe blocked Juan Toscano-Anderson on the rim to shut the quarter because the Nets led 29-16 — the fewest factors Brooklyn had allowed in a gap quarter all season. Irving led the best way with 9 factors and Royce O’Neale added in eight factors. Brooklyn held LA to 27.3 % capturing (6-for-22) from the sphere within the first.
– Yuta Watanabe rejected Wenyen Gabriel after which drained a three-pointer to provide the Nets a 41-22 lead about three minutes into the second quarter. Claxton was known as for a technical foul, however made up for it on the subsequent possession with an offensive board and dunk. The Lakers continued to hold round because the Nets’ lead stayed at about 15 factors for many of the quarter. The Nets missed eight pictures in-a-row and the Lakers reduce it to 10, however then Joe Harris made a 3 and Claxton scored inside to provide the Nets a 58-46 lead at halftime. The Lakers outscored the Nets 30-29 within the second to maintain the sport shut, as Westbrook led them with 11 factors within the first-half. Though, Brooklyn’s protection continued to be the distinction, as LA shot simply 35.6 % from the sphere and 30.8 % from three by way of two quarters.
– LA went on a 10-run to open the third, reducing the Nets’ result in 58-56 and forcing Jacque Vaughn to name timeout with 9:07 remaining within the quarter. Seth Curry was known as for a technical foul, giving the Lakers a free level and an additional possession. LA took benefit of it and Schroder hit a 3 to provide them their first lead since 6-3. The lead did not final lengthy, as Irving made a 3 after which scored in transition to go up 63-60. Curry tied issues up at 68-68 with 5:43 left after Thomas Bryant was known as for goaltending.
– Gabriel scored 9 straight for the Lakers after which Irving scored on the quick break, because the Nets trailed 79-75 with 2:44 left within the the third. The Nets closed the quarter on a 10-0 run of their very own, as Thomas hit a step-back three and Sharpe scored on a tip in to make it an 85-82 sport heading into the fourth. Regardless of holding onto the lead, the Nets had been outscored 36-27 within the third.
– Patty Mills and Thomas hit back-to-back threes, after which Mills’ protection led to a Watanabe layup to go up 95-85 early within the fourth. Sharpe bought the Barclays Middle on their toes along with his career-high 14th rebound and capped it off with a strong two-handed jam. Thomas transformed an and-one to increase the result in 13 and provides him 15 factors in quarter-hour off the bench. Westbrook made a 3 to make it a single-digit sport, however O’Neale got here again with a three-pointer and Claxton scored in transition to push the result in 111-99 with 3:40 remaining. Irving hit a three-point dagger within the nook with the shot clock winding right down to go up 116-102.
– Brooklyn’s bench mixed for 66 factors, as Thomas and Mills each scored 21 factors, Watanabe completed with 12 and Sharpe added in eight factors (Markieff Morris and Edmond Sumner each had two factors). Irving led the Nets with 26 factors, seven rebounds and 6 assists. O’Neale completed with 14 factors and Claxton had six factors, 12 rebounds, a block and a steal.
The Nets will journey as much as Boston and tackle the Celtics on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.